08 November 2009

Halloween 2009 at MCG













We had several "trick or treating" events this year. One of the local hospitals has an event for children with food related issues, things that keep them from enjoying this food centered celebration. They give out little trinkets instead of candy. One of Allyn's favs this year was a stuffed king cobra. The kids also got lots of glow in the dark, snap and shake things. I say things for a lack of proper terms for the many bracelets, necklaces, and even sword/wand/stick that they picked out. They were set with glowing accessories. The highlight of Allyn's time there was when he broke the other man's sword after fighting for close to an hour with him. Even the adults were getting into the fun. Thanks MCG!
In the middle of this event, I realized that Miss Tori, the bigger cat, had a bladder infection. How, do you ask? Well, I took her to the ladies room and she made a sound that was like she was in pain. I asked her how long that was going on and she said for a while. Gotta love parenting when you don't even know when your child is sick! And we were among all these medical students and had to wait till clinic on Sat with her ped. We needed it in her chart that she had a UTI. All the people there were nursing students and teachers. Not much help in the prescribing dept. But we still needed to see the doc. So, on Halloween day, (another holiday spent in a doctor's office this year!) we, Tori and I, traipsed off to the after hours clinic and got her logged in that she was ill, got her meds and had a grand time that night!

1 comment:

Colemans said...

Fun Fun! That is so great that MCG does that for you guys.