07 August 2009

Countdown to School

We made it home fine and dandy. Except we brought a virus with us. That's right. Allyn came down sick on Sat with a headache and fever. On Mon., we went into the doc office. We were told he had a virus that was going around the community. What community? He didn't have time to "catch" anything that fast. We got back on Thurs, late...about 10p and well, a day and a half is not sufficient time to catch anything. He was only out and about on Sat afternoon! Crazy. Now, Morgan has the same "stinking virus" (the doctor's words, not mine). We wait, patiently I guess, for the others to feel ill.
We start school on Mon, officially. The kids have started in on the Latin course. Amazing! They really like it and have said it is better than GVA. Yeah!
Miriam's vocabulary is growing faster than she does. She can repeat almost anything and enjoys sharing in our family scripture reading time. She will repeat every thing we say.
Tori has decided to be dry at night. That's right, she has put off her pull-ups and wears panties to bed and stays dry!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!! We are both so excited.
It is great to be home. The month long vacation was a blast. Getting back into an east coast schedule has been a challenge. We were having breakfast at 11:30 or later. It was throwing off the entire day. Finally got them to bed at a decent time today. Back to our schedule!!! Yeah, I get time to start to work on the college course I signed up for while we were in Utah. That's right, I am finally going to finish my degree! I just need to get through the Scarlet Letter.

1 comment:

Colemans said...

OOoooh Love the Scarlet Letter! Thats one of my all time favs! So glad you are back....could you stay a bit?!?! lol