22 June 2009

Fishing for Ancestors





We had a family reunion this weekend in South Carolina. The theme this year was fishing for ancestors...and you guessed it..we talked about doing our family history and finding out who we come from. The older kids entered the bake-off. Tori did a simple rice krispie/marshmallow/chocolate log. Allyn made an allergy free cake. Morgan put together some killer brownies (with cherries inside for a tasty surprise). Both Allyn and Morgan won honorable mention prizes. Tori won third place for her chocolate log. The officiators forgot about any costume contest. But if there had been one, we would have cleaned out the lot. We decorated blue tshirts (for water) with a bleach pen to represent the fishes. The girls had brown skirts/shorts to show the bottom of the ocean complete with rhinestone rocks and starfish. Miriam is showing you her fish. Or rather saying she has fish on her shirt. Allyn designed his own shirt. He has a man sitting on a rock, fishing. He added the rhinestones himself. My shirt was double sided. I wrote "Gone Fishing" on the back and had many different sizes of fish on the front with 4 big ones. On the tails of the big fish I put a letter to represent the different lines in our family history. It was pretty cool. Since I was on camera duty that day, I got pics of the kids. But, alas, I did not get a pic of my shirt. We had another family member take some shots of our family after I had put the camera in the car with all the other things to take home. So, there is a photo of all the family somewhere out there.

1 comment:

emilysuze said...

The kids are so stinking grown up in these pictures! Ack! Where has the time gone?!?

Looks like a fun family reunion and very cute outfits.

P.S. Change your blog background already! Sheesh! :)