22 June 2009

The Garden is Thriving!






We got our garden in late this year. Trent surprised me for Mothers' Day and bought all the lumber to put together 2 square foot gardens. We had a warm day mixing the soil and getting it started. Well, now it is truly growing. Today, I found our first fruit! We have cucumbers!!!! I found three itty-bitty cukes on the vines. There are a plethora of blossoms. Our tomatoes, bell peppers and green beans all have blossoms. Even the pumpkin, which was planted from a seed, when we transplanted all the other live plants, is about to spring forth and blossom. It definitley is very pretty. We have a few squares of just flowers that have grown so much and filled in, they look amazing. Its fun to have the splash of color the flowers bring. So, lets see if I can share with you all the pics we have taken of this ordeal.....
Well, I tried to change the pics, which was first and such after I imported them in here...didn't succeed. I am still learning the ins and outs of this blog stuff. Hope you enjoy our garden as much as we do!

1 comment:

emilysuze said...

Your garden looks great! Way to go!