In the spirit of Thanksgiving…
I’m thankful to have found, through no fault of my own, true joy in this life.
My wife, who calms my heart and strengthens my resolve even when we both are beset by the turbulent waves of this life.
My family, for whom I yearn with my whole being whenever I still myself enough to perceive – allow myself the clarity to understand – permit for a moment my soul to feel… what I desire most in this existence.
My son, where I place my hope of redemption and life and fulfillment. And who patiently and lovingly obliges my penchant for hiking and camping in the most despicable weather.
My daughters, where I can see what pure love (and mischief) looks like in the flesh.
My home, sheltering the most precious of all gifts from Father.
My fish tank, where I will terrorize more guppies with future submarine attacks.
I’m thankful to receive the gifts which I don’t deserve, yet crave with all of my soul: peace, forgiveness, comfort, calm, and love.
I’m thankful for the love of my parents, my other parents, and our dearest friends.
I’m thankful I still have hair, unlike many of my younger counterparts.
I’m thankful that we’ve trusted that there is a plan for our happiness if we will simply live it.
I’m thankful that my sister traveled all the way across the country (again) to be with my family when they needed help and I couldn’t be there.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. The kids have done this through out Nov. We have a thankful tree in the front room. We have added leaves each day. It has been fun.
I'm thankful for having a good family and for finally realizing how luck I truly am. :)
Post a Comment