Ok, so a title like that needs some explaining. First, the hysterical mom was my neighbor and the lost children were two of our daughters. (They were out looking for Morgan whom they thought was missing and was still at the neighbor's house.) The girls came over looking for Morgan and I told them she was at the other house. They then left the house and, I thought, went back across the street. Well, about 20 minutes later, I hear yelling and calling for Noelle. The neighbor was screaming at the top of her lungs for her daughter. Her son was even in hysterics. So, I called Allyn over to me and we said a prayer that we would find the girls safe and that her family would be comforted and be able to calm down. (At this point the mom was on the ground, on her knees, in tears screaming for her daughter.) Well, since the girls were first looking for Morgan, the thought came to me that they went looking at a friends house about 5 blocks away. When the police came to ask about the details of the missing girls, my neighbor could not answer. She was so worked up and could not think straight. Earlier I noticed that she was wearing her black jumpsuit leotard so I answered the police for her. Coming up with my daughters attire was a bit more difficult. She had recently changed clothes before going out to play. I had to really concentrate to get it. Then had to tell the police that both girls were white and one was 5, the other 4 with long blond hair. (Even though Tori is 4, she is taller than my neighbors 5 yr old.) With that information, the girls were found down the street from us. And, yes, they were on the way to the house of Morgan's friend. They got a good talking to from the police and from us moms. I had to go retrieve them since my neighbor could not even breathe and because I had two car seats in the van they could sit in. The police would not deliver them because they did not have car seats in the police cruiser. Ah, well, the law is the law and they have to abide it as well.
All is calming, now. Still is a bit nerve racking remembering her screams. She was a bit panicked.
I am grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost to keep me calm and to tell me where the girls were heading. Also, I know I was directed to pay close attention the the girls attire since I had to recall it in a stressful situation. I don't usually put into memory what the neighbor children wear, but today, I did.
I am thankful for the Gospel and the knowledge that there is a Plan.
Other than that, it was a fairly routine Wednesday.
07 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. That is some seriously crazy stuff. I hope I'm more of the calm mom someday rather than the hysterical, screaming mom who can't function enough to be useful to her children. Eek.
Good thing you were there!
I'm glad that they're safe. Quick thinking! Yeah for the gospel! :-)
Post a Comment