02 September 2009

Feeding the Masses

We had the Elders over tonight for dinner. The only way they could come in is if they had another male over the age of 18 with them. So, when the offer to be a host family to another family that is interested in the Church came up, I raised my hand and said I could do it. Ok, its Wednesday. This means we had our morning with the homeschool group. Morgan had a voice lesson and we needed to shop for the meal. I was serving the famous Fry Taco Salad. And, yes, T was jealous. The Elders that came over were new to the area and hadn't even heard of the salad. Well, that bowl was gone, almost licked clean. One Elder had, I think, 5 servings! I guess he liked it. So, we had the Elders, the investigator, their driver (I did not have the room for 3+ others in my van with kids, too) and another friend of mine. Everyone loved it. My kids actually ate more than they usually eat of it. Allyn cleaned his bowl. Tori asked for seconds and did amazing on that serving. Miriam wanted more of the meat and beans, didn't care for the lettuce as much. Even Morgan ate a good bit with out complaining of the amount of cheese on her plate. Everyone was satisfied when they left the table.

4 comments:

emilysuze said...

Sounds like a successful night!

Katie Evans said...

So, are you going to share this amazing recipe or what? I'm always looking for other people's FAMOUS recipes - they are always the best!

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

I love the Fry Taco Salad!! Why weren't we invited? ;-)

Abu Allyn said...

Katie, it's a closely guarded Fry family secret... you don't have the clearance. :)

Christina, you guys are ALWAYS invited!