OK, buckling under pressure from our good friend and High Priest Group Leader, I signed into the new.FamilySearch.org website. It's like crack cocaine for the non-geneologically inclined. I've spent every free moment today and yesterday uploading our old PAF files a couple at a time to fill out our family tree. Today I worked on my Dad's side of the line... and HIT PAYDIRT. It was like a hard hit of acid... not that I have a full recollection of what that feels like, Mr. Prosecutor. Anyways, with a couple of comparison clicks to check for duplicate records, the family tree suddenly opened up like a Super Wal-Mart in a one-stop-light town. Mass craziness. The best part is that I'm finding that a lot of the duplicates were generated by me, Em, or Dad in the last couple of years with only two or three other people inputting duplicate entries with new information!
One more addiction I have to deal with... soooooo NOT cool.
14 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the guilt trip. I mention your new addiction to the missionaries today and they informed us that next Tuesday the Family History room would be open to introduce people to the new program. Chris actually agreed to meet them there to check it out.
And Chris has a key to the church. Yikes! lol He volunteered to vacuum the church this Saturday since I'll be out of town.
So I thought you were going to start blogging more often. What happened? I know you have your cool new job, but that doesn't mean you have to forget about your online fans...
Hey guys! We were excited to see your Christmas Card! I posted Renee's banana bread recipe up on our recipe blog (http://sherwoodrecipes.blogspot.com) It's still one of our favorites. I've got your blog linked to our family blog, so you'll have to start posting again.
Post a Comment