28 August 2009

Birthday Party

So, we officially have a two year old! We had school at Diamond Lakes and make cookies for the nursery kiddies. At home, the Coleman's, Desi, and Victoria joined us for tostada pizzas and cake. We had presents. Miriam got many pairs of panties for her birthday and preceded to put one after another on as she "shook" her little hiney in between pairs. Crazy girl. She loved the toys and things that she got. We even had a fun show from Jovania. She was dancing with the girls.





Thurs we went up to Columbia to have a birthday celebration with my grandma. I was tasked to untangle a string of butterflies for my grandma. The butterflies were on a clear string. The string was beautiful once it was hanging in a straight line off her curtain rod. The kids had a hard time trying to pop balloons by sitting on them...they just would not pop!
Sun we went up for the family get-together for Grandma and Ann Mari. Of course, I was asked to bring "the salad", spinach strawberry salad. Everyone loved it. As usual, I had to give the recipe to 2 people.
We had an art lesson this week. We played/created with moon sand. The kids loved the sand, easier to clean than play-do. They played for hours and did not want to quit. The only problem was cleaning it out of the crack in our table. Pretty as a decoration, not so pretty with multicolored sand embedded in it!

2 comments:

Colemans said...

Too bad you didn't keep it rolling.....You missed the Pun intended! hahaha That was fun! I love your family! I think she had a VERY happy birthday. ;)

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

I love the light toy! What a great gift! ;-)